A Rarity Rediscovered: The 1939 Cadillac LaSalle Flower Car Hearse Combination Series 50
This 1939 Cadillac LaSalle Flower Car Hearse was last seen for sale for $75,100 in Bloomsbury, New Jersey.
Hearse archive – Not for sale
Step back in time to 1939 and immerse yourself in the allure of the Cadillac LaSalle Flower Car Hearse Combination Series 50. This remarkable vehicle, known as body number 523, stands as the sole survivor of its kind, a testament to craftsmanship from an era long past.
The Genesis of Elegance
The journey of this extraordinary flower car began with a Series 50 LaSalle Coupe. However, it was destined for a unique transformation that would set it apart from the rest.
A Restoration Beyond Imagination
Today, this flower car stands proudly, restored to a condition that surpasses its original splendor. Every aspect of this vehicle has been meticulously brought back to life:
- Mechanical Excellence: The engine, transmission, clutch, and rear brakes have all been meticulously restored to ensure optimal performance.
- Modernization with Respect: While maintaining its vintage charm, a new 12-volt wire harness has been seamlessly integrated to enhance reliability.
- Craftsmanship in Every Detail: The upper working deck has been recreated with precision, featuring all-new custom-made stainless rails.
- Luxury Reimagined: Step inside, and you’ll be greeted by an interior adorned in exquisite leather, including carpet piped in leather.
- Unrivaled Shine: The hearse underwent a thorough transformation, stripped down to steel and treated with the finest epoxy primers before being painted in a lustrous blasurit base clear coat.
- Functional Elegance: The flower car’s bed now boasts a new aluminum floor, and the rollers have been chromed to perfection.
- Attention to Authenticity: New running boards with stainless accents maintain the vehicle’s original aesthetics.
A Rarity Confirmed
Unveiling the rarity of this treasure, historical records have been scoured to validate its uniqueness. According to meticulously researched build sheets from GM media archives, only two commercial chassis were dispatched from GM to the renowned coach-builder Meteor in Piqua, Ohio, in 1939. One of these was designated as an ambulance (model 521), while the other was none other than our floral gem (model 523). All documentation concurs that this is the sole Meteor flower car constructed in 1939.
The 1939 Cadillac LaSalle Flower Car Hearse Combination Series 50 stands as a living testament to an era of craftsmanship and elegance that has become increasingly rare. With its painstaking restoration and undeniable historical significance, this vehicle offers a glimpse into a time when automotive artistry knew no bounds. A rare gem among collectibles, it redefines the concept of a vintage masterpiece, a true symbol of automotive excellence and a tangible piece of history.
This 1939 Cadillac LaSalle Flower Car Hearse Combination Series 50 by Meteor was last seen for sale for $75,100 in Bloomsbury, New Jersey, USA.