Exploring the Unique 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse and Its Legacy
This 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse was last seen for sale in La Pine, Oregon for $40,000.
When it comes to automotive history, few vehicles stand out as distinctively as the 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse. This one-of-a-kind hearse has captured the imaginations of car enthusiasts and collectors alike. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this remarkable vehicle and its intriguing legacy.
1959 Cadillac Hearse: A Brief Overview:
The centerpiece of our story is the iconic 1959 Cadillac Hearse, specifically the Miller-Meteor variant. Under the hood, it boasts a meticulously rebuilt 500 cubic inch Cadillac big block engine, delivering an impressive 500 horsepower and a substantial 550 foot-pounds of torque. This powerhouse is paired with a custom-built turbo 400 automatic transmission and features a distinctive 32-inch Lokar shifter.
Customization and Highlights
Now, let’s explore some of the remarkable customizations that make this hearse truly unique:
- A daring 4-inch chop to its roofline.
- The use of 1955 DeSoto glass for the windshield.
- Twin spotlights that add to its vintage charm.
- The formidable 500 big block engine.
- A rebuilt power brake system for enhanced safety.
- A custom drive line that ensures a smooth ride.
- Shaved doors for a sleek and streamlined appearance.
- Power windows for added convenience.
- Modern touches like Dakota Digital Gauges.
- A dual Flowmaster exhaust system for a distinctive sound.
- A custom dash that combines style and functionality.
- Seats re-done in original material, preserving the classic look.
- An aluminum double-pass radiator for efficient cooling.
- A reverse open hood for easy access.
- Trim details that have been carefully shaved and filled.
- A white oak wood floor, adding a touch of elegance.
- An extra back seat (not currently mounted), offering versatility.
Unique Appeal and Influence
This extraordinary hearse is not just a work of art; it’s a statement on wheels. It’s no coincidence that it shares the same model lineage as the infamous Ghostbusters hearse, cementing its place in pop culture history.
In conclusion, the 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse is more than just a vehicle; it’s a testament to craftsmanship, innovation, and timeless design. Whether you’re a classic car enthusiast, a collector, or someone looking for a conversation starter, this Rat Rod Hearse will undoubtedly turn heads and capture imaginations. It’s a rolling piece of history that can be enjoyed as-is or customized to your unique preferences.
This 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Rat Rod Hearse was last seen for sale for $40,000 in La Pine, Oregon, USA.