The Unique 1969 Oldsmobile Hearse Turned Monster Truck
This Monster Truck 1969 Oldsmobile Hearse was last seen for sale in Las Vegas, Nevada for $18,995.
Hearse archive – Not for sale
Enter the world of the macabre and the monstrous with the 1969 Oldsmobile Hearse, a one-of-a-kind vehicle with a thrilling history. This hearse has a story that’s as captivating as it is eerie, originally built for the television show “Ultimate Car Builds” on Discovery Channel. It has been stored indoors for the past eight years and was acquired in California in excellent condition with no rust ever. Let’s delve into the details of this extraordinary machine that found its home at the spine-chilling Fright Dome in Las Vegas, Nevada.
A Television Star’s Transformation
This hearse’s journey began as a television star, but its transformation didn’t end there. After its small-screen debut, it underwent further modifications and additions to become the centerpiece of the Halloween Event at Fright Dome, nestled within the Adventuredome at Circus-Circus, Las Vegas. Fright Dome (an attraction is not suitable for children under 12), with its more than 250,000 square feet of nightmarish horrors, including six haunted houses and five scare zones, has been terrifying visitors since 2003.
Monstrous Vehicle Specifications
The 1969 Oldsmobile Hearse boasts a list of modifications and enhancements that turn it into a monstrous spectacle:
- 455 V8 Engine (rebuilt): Powering this beast is a rebuilt 455 V8 engine, ensuring it roars with authority.
- New Interior: Inside, you’ll find a refreshed interior, providing both comfort and a sense of foreboding.
- Polished Chrome: The vehicle gleams with polished chrome accents, adding to its visual appeal.
- Emergency Green Police Bar Lights: Two full sets of green police bar lights give this hearse an ominous presence.
- New Exhaust: A new exhaust system delivers a beautiful rumble, setting the mood.
- New Tires (BFGoodrich): Outfitted with new BFGoodrich tires, it’s ready for action.
- New Transmission: A new transmission ensures smooth performance.
- Custom Rims: Unique custom rims complete the monstrous look.
- Custom Painted Grille: The grille receives a custom paint job to match its theme.
- Custom Suspension: Custom suspension keeps this hearse raised significantly in height.
- New Shocks: New shocks contribute to a smooth ride.
- 4-Wheel Drive Capability: Originally built for 4-wheel drive, this feature can be restored if desired.
- New Alternator: A new alternator keeps the power flowing.
- All New Brake System: The brake system, including the booster, is entirely new.
- New Plugs and Wires: The engine benefits from new plugs and wires.
- Unique Exterior: The hearse features black paint under a distinctive wrap.
- Height Enhancement: It has been significantly raised in height for added impact.
- Attention-Grabbing: Designed for events, it’s perfect for attracting massive attention.
This hearse comes with a storied past, having seen its share of events and celebrities, having been featured on the Discovery Channel and in various news outlets.
This Monster Truck 1969 Oldsmobile Hearse was last seen for sale for $18,995 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.